The aim of the course is to help new students begin studies and develop the know-how and skills needed in university studies. After completing the course, students have learned about university studies and the scientific community. The student can:
1) apply the study practices of the University of Eastern Finland in their studies
2) identify development needs related to their studies and develop their study skills
3) recognise and manage feelings of stress related to study situations
4) act according to the ethical guidelines and rules of the academic community
5) use online tools provided by the University of Eastern Finland to support studies, including the Moodle online learning environment.
In the course, students become familiar with university studies and ethical guidelines and learn about doctoral studies and the scientific community at the university. Students also learn how to use the most common online tools for studies, as well as skills in stress management and how to evaluate and develop their learning.
Academic, learning, learning skills, studies, guidance, self-knowledge, independent, community, plagiarism, ethics, doctoral studies, stress, coping, stress management, online tool, Moodle, online learning, Student and Learning Services, UEF.